How to create a Google News Alert
Ah, one of you had a very good question: how do you create a news alert?
- Go to any Google page: Google News, a Gmail account if you have one, an IGoogle page, if you have one, etc.
- Top left should be a short series of links of, essentially, Google products: Images, Videos, Maps, etc. Click ‘more.’ You might then need to click ‘Even more.’
- In the list that pops up, the first item should be Alerts: Get email updates on the topics of your choice
- Enter the name or topic you wish to follow. It has some customization details (email alert as-it-happens? Once a day summary? Etc.)
- As I mentioned, you may get inundated at first, so you may need to re-tailor your news alert requests.